FOR HEALTH PROFESSIONALS
We accept referrals from health professionals, other service providers and family members and friends with the consent of the young carer and their family. Click here to read about the support and services we offer.
Young carers and their families can also self-refer (ask for our services themselves) by completing our Referral Form.
Our Referral Form includes guidance about how to make a referral, and information about who is eligible for a service. If you need assistance completing this form, please contact us.
How to make a referral
You can make a referral by completing our Referral Form. Young carers and their families must give consent to the referral. Our Referral From also contains guidance about our services and eligibility criteria.
To receive a service from CaringKids, young carers will be:
- aged 18 years or under
- the primary carer (spends the most time caring compared to other family members), OR
- the alternate carer (cares independently when the primary carer is absent), OR
- spending many hours on caring responsibilities each week
- experiencing financial hardship
- residing in South West and South East Sydney. South Western Sydney includes suburbs within Canterbury-Bankstown, City of Fairfield, City of Liverpool, City of Campbelltown, Camden Council, and Wollondilly Shire Council. South Eastern Sydney includes suburbs within Georges River Council, Bayside Council, Sutherland Shire Council, City of Randwick, Waverley Council, and Municipality of Woollahra.
*If you are unsure about the local government area the young carer and their family reside in, click here to find their local council.
We focus our resources on delivering services that young carers and their families feel are important to them. Our services are time-limited, and offered on a one-off basis.
CaringKids are unable to offer crisis intervention or case management services. We do work in partnership with other organisations to attend home visits and will provide progress reports to the referrer. Please approach us for joint-funding and partnership initiatives.
We are available to attend your organisation to provide an brief overview of our services and referral process. Presentations can be tailored to your needs and time constraints. Call or email us to discuss a suitable time.
For updates about our services, please sign-up to our e-news.
Out of area referrals
We are collecting data regarding all out of area service requests. Please email us if you know a young carer that would benefit from our services who resides out of area and provide your contact details. We will follow-up your email with a phone call. We would value a conversation with you as we gather information about unmet need. We hope to extend our service delivery area in the future.